Pupil funds and loans are intended for pupils that are their studies at e.g. university college, college or vocational university. If you’re older than 20, you can even make an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top additional degree at Komvux (adult education university) or people highschool.
dining dining Table of articles
- Information as a result of Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you’ll get
- Demands and conditions
- Application, research assurance and repayment
- Provide notification if you then become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the learning education loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you need to pay off. You are able to decide to use entirely for the grant, should you not desire to just just take away financing. The mortgage includes a low interest and doesn’t need any protection, and you’re able to settle it over a period that is long. In 2020, the interest price is 0.16 percent.
Information because of the Corona virus
Read more how the Corona virus affect the learning pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you are able to get
just How big is the funds and student education loans you can e.g receive depends. on
- your rate of study ( part-time or full-time)
- how many days you are learning for
- how big your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 days, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other grants and loans as you are able to make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow additional money.
- You can apply for extra child allowance if you have custody of children under the age of 18.
- You can apply for a supplementary loan if you have worked in the past and received a certain minimum income. It is possible to receive this as of the you turn 25 year.
- If you’re their studies at compulsory or top additional degree and satisfy specific conditions, you could receive an elevated grant aspect in your pupil help. You may also get this if you’re learning on a complementary programme that is educational to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. You are entitled to the increased grant, so you do not need to apply for it when you apply for student grants and loans, CSN checks whether.
- You can in certain cases apply for an additional loan if you have additional costs associated with your studies. As an example, you may have charges for dual housing or even for certain trips.
If the earnings surpasses the earnings restriction
The earnings limitation temporarily eliminated during 2020
Because of the Corona crisis the earnings limitation is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you study with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). This means your earnings during 2020 will maybe perhaps perhaps not affect just just how student that is much and loans you’ll get.
You may possibly get earnings up to a specific amount without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. If the earnings surpasses the earnings limitation, you’re not entitled to the level that is same of and loans.
The earnings restriction depends upon just exactly just how several weeks you’re learning for and whether you might be learning full-time or part-time. As an example, if you should be likely to learning full-time with pupil funds and loans for 20 months in a calendar half-year, the earnings limitation is SEK 90 075. You can observe your earnings limitation within the choice you receive from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different needs and conditions should be satisfied to ensure that one to be eligible to student help.
- The training you shall be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You must be registered in your courses.
- Your studies must certanly be at minimum 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the minimum three days.
- You should be underneath the chronilogical age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases from the you turn 47 year.
- You might maybe not get specific other advantages at the time that is same getting pupil funds and loans, such as for example task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- It is possible to just get student funds and loans for a restricted timeframe. How long is dependent upon the training degree for which you might be learning:
- University university, college or several other education that is post-secondary a optimum of 240 months
- Upper secondary degree: a optimum of 80 or 120 days, based on your previous education
- Compulsory college degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 months, based on your past training and exactly what you might be learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. Certain needs credits that are regarding dependent on which program you’re learning.
- For those who have unpaid yearly charges or demands for over one duration, you might not get student funds and loan. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re going to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for foreign residents
If you’re a international citizen, additionally you need certainly to https://speedyloan.net/uk/payday-loans-esx satisfy unique conditions to be entitled to Swedish pupil finance. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
Because you have refugee status or similar, you are also usually entitled to Swedish student finance if you have received a temporary residence permit from the Swedish Migration Agency.
In addition, various rules apply according to whether you’re a resident of the nation within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.